Monday, October 17, 2016

The Lion with Oil Paints

This is the very first oil painting that I have every done. It is a painting of a lion in Africa. I choose a lion because lions are my favorite animals. The techniques that were used were lifting the paint. All the hair done on the mane was done by dipping a pallet knife in paint, pressing it against the canvas, and then lifting it up.


On the face, I took full advantage of the length of time that the oil painting gave me to work with the material.
I'm looking forward to have the chance to work with this medium more and more.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That's fantastic! I had no idea that you could use this technique, but it seems perfect for a lion's mane. You are a talented artist!

    Nicole @ Best Kids' Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I'm really glad that you are enjoying my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! I'm really glad that you are enjoying my blog!

    ReplyDelete